BOOK FAIRS IN LONG MELFORD
- Location: Village Memorial Hall, Off Hall Street, Long Melford, Suffolk, CO10 9JQ
- Opening Times: 10am to 4pm
- Admission: adults £1, accompanied children under 15 free
- Disabled Access: full access, apart from the stage which has steps and a handrail
Upcoming Book Fairs
- Saturday 26th January 2019
- Saturday 23rd March 2019
- Saturday 11th May 2019
- Saturday 15th June 2019
- Saturday 3rd August 2019
- Saturday 28th September 2019
- Saturday 2nd November 2019
- Saturday 14th December 2019
Click for more details:
The hall is just off the main road, opposite the Bull Hotel. Long Melford is 3 miles from Sudbury, 14 miles from Bury St. Edmunds, 18 miles from Colchester and 44 miles from Cambridge.
There is a good size free car park at the hall. If, as occasionally happens, that is full, it is possible to park on the main road.
Long Melford became part of the Missing Book Fair stable in April 2010, but there have been book fairs at this venue for over 30 years.
In fact it is probably the longest running book fair in East Anglia. Whilst fortunes have varied over the years it is now firmly on the up and up.
Each fair features 26 dealers who, between them, offer a wide range of books.
Whilst Long Melford has long been known as a centre for Antique shops, it now also boasts a number of art galleries and fashion shops.
Should you have time after visiting the book fair there are also three major architectural attractions in the village - the imposing church of Holy Trinity, Melford Hall and Kentwell Hall (see our Links page for more information).
The fair has a well deserved reputation for good homemade refreshments. There are also several pubs in the village within easy walking distance.
Exhibitors at Next Book Fair
- Gary & Rowena Childs
Phone: 01284 752384
- Chilton Books (Adrian Beckham)
Phone: 01787 373725
Mobile: 07584 662155
› visit their website
- Churchgate Books (Stephen Cook)
Phone: 01284 723512
- Richard Edwins
Phone: 01449 774292
- Chris Heppa
Phone: 01245 267679
- Missing Books (Chris Missing)
Phone: 01245 361609
› visit their website
- David Shacklock
Phone: 01728 861286